Hi folks! In the 7th part of Microsoft Word 2016 shortcuts explanation series I will be explaining shortcuts and for editing Pages in MS Word 2016.
As before I have tested all of these shortcuts before publishing. I have also provided detail according to my knowledge and usage. I hope this will help you become more efficient user in MS Word 2016.
Note: You can skip the following points if you are following my posts.
Points to consider:
- Some of these shortcuts might not work in all versions of Microsoft Word (As I was able to test these only in MS Word 2016).
- Device without function keys (F1-F12) on its keyboard i.e. Chrome book, certain shortcuts will not work for you.
- The plus sign means you have to press both mentioned keys together.
- Use this Shortcut to insert a page break in the document.
- Alternatively, you can click on Insert tab and then on Page Break to insert a page a break.
- Also you can use the generic shortcut to insert page break by pressing Alt Then N Then B.
- Use this shortcut when you need to start entering data in a new sheet but the data you have entered in previous sheet has ended half way.
Cover Page (Alt Then N Then V)
Use the above shortcut to insert a cover page for your documents.
- Here you have different cover page styles and also you can search more in the office.org
Also Note that choosing a different cover page over an existing cover page will not delete the information you have added in previous cover page although you may need to change or add few more details as required in new cover page style.
- In the above screen shot I have shown the new information needed for this page cover style. Also, if you like the new style but don’t need or required to enter new information simply just delete that box.
- You can always get new styles form this link. https://templates.office.com/en-us/templates-for-Word
- Also note that if you click on remove current cover page the information will also be gone too.
Blank Page (Alt Then N Then N Then P)
- Use this option to insert a blank page in the document.
- You can use this trick to insert a blank page as an answer sheet or etc.